Become a Member
Become a member and enjoy these benefits
- Surprisingly Affordable Fees
- Moorage Availability
- Unique Outstation Program
- Active Cruising & Clubhouse Calendar
- Unlimited SUP/Kayak Use
- Learn-to-Sail Option
- Member Discount Programs
- Live Music & Dancing
- Sports Nights
- Theme Parties
- Speaker Nights
- Award-Winning Food
- Best Clubhouse and Deck in Vancouver
10 Reasons To Become A False Creek Yacht Club Member
We're a small, fun, friendly, relaxed and casual club where you'll feel welcome and make new friends!
Location, Location. Location.
Just minutes from English Bay, minutes from Downtown and the Granville Island shops, and a great place to see the fireworks, from your boat or from the award-winning clubhouse.
We’re Surprisingly Affordable!
From membership fees and dues to moorage, food, and social beverages, you can’t beat the FCYC for member value, whether you’re a boater, love watersports, or just enjoy being by the water. Moorage rates are some of the lowest in the Lower Mainland.
Reasonable wait list for moorage
Boats under 30’ often get moorage within 6 months, while larger boats may take 2-3 years, however we have a very active sublease program with members who are gone on long-term cruising, and abundant winter moorage options at our Bowen Island outstation.
Unique Outstation Program
Some yacht clubs have expensive and underutilized private outstations which require members to spend boating time maintaining the outstations. Not at the FCYC! We make use of existing marina facilities to recreate the experience without the cost & sweat. We have 10 along the coast, see them all on the Go Cruising page. We're also proud members of a world-wide reciprocal program!
Active Cruising Calendar
We have everything from pub crawls, wine-tastings, foodie cruises, hiking or golf cruises to anchoring/stern-tying cruises in more remote areas. Members consistently tell us that they learn more about boating on one of our cruises than they ever expected (even those with very large boats who belong to other yacht clubs). Daily Happy Hour is a given.
How do I become a member?
- To apply for membership, contact the office (604) 682-3292 or email FCYC@FCYC.com.
- The member approval process includes an initial phone call with our Club Manager to answer any questions and ensure that the FCYC is a good fit for you, followed by a friendly get-together with one or more members to ensure you’re a good fit for us. That way, there are a couple of friendly faces you’ll already know when you join!
- After officially being approved by the Board, you will receive your prorated invoice for annual membership costs along with parking passes and an access fob to the clubhouse.
- Once you’re a member, we’ll make you feel welcome, with an official Orientation Evening where you’ll meet other new and long-time members. We’ll ask you to complete a profile with some information about yourself and your interests for the Club Roster, so that you can connect with other members who enjoy the same activities you do.
When can I access the marina and clubhouse?
- Moorage members have 24-hour access to the marina.
- Cruising and Social Members who wish to use the kayaks, SUPs or Folkboat may ask the Wharfinger for assistance or may be eligible for fob access.
- The Clubhouse is open to all members daily between 11:00AM – 4:30PM for casual meetings, R&R on the deck, or just to enjoy a cup of coffee. Check with the office first to ensure it is not booked for an external event.
- The Clubhouse is open Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings for Member Nights year-round except for 2 weeks at Christmas and New Year’s. It may also be open on other days and evenings for special club events, including speakers, dances, and barbeques – details are in the Club Calendar and highlighted in the weekly newsletter.
How long have you been around for?
Since 1981, when a small group of passionate and committed boaters at a marina near the current Cambie Street Bridge) decided to form a Yacht Club that would become the Star of False Creek. The idea was for a new Club in the heart of the City offering an exciting social and recreational environment unique in the Downtown/False Creek core in addition to traditional boating activities. When that marina disappeared as part of the Expo 86 development, there’s a fascinating story about how the club overcame the odds and secured its current location. The Clubhouse opened in December 1989. Read the fascinating story and history here.
Do you own your marina?
- As of 2020, the Club has three moorage leases:
- Lot 143 is a Provincial lease which covers 34 berths (C-E) of the marina operation and will be up for renewal in April 2051.
- Lot 161 is a Provincial lease which covers 9 berths (F-G) of the marina operation and will be up for renewal November 20, 2051.
- The Concord Pacific Group Inc. lease covers 66 berths of the marina operation and is currently renewed yearly.
What is an assessment?
- The Food and Beverage Assessment is a pre-paid credit for food and drinks in the lounge, billed at the beginning of the membership year (April 1st).
- There is a minimum spend of your assessment each quarter, otherwise it will be reclaimed by the club. As long as you come for dinner and drinks once or twice a quarter, you’ll be all set. Of course, with such an active clubhouse we’d like to see you a lot more often, and many of our members are weekly regulars!
What amenities do you have?
See the full list of clubhouse and marina amenities
How does parking work?
- We have abundant FREE parking!
- Our main lot is located by the entrance to the dock ramps and two smaller lots are up by the washroom trailers. All parking spots belonging to FCYC are marked
- Active members can park up to 8 consecutive nights while cruising. An extra day pass for guests is included with membership.
- Social and Cruising Members are not permitted to park overnight at any time.
- Max GVW 10,000lbs
What is an outstation and how does it work?
- An outstation is leased dock space reserved exclusively for members, and there is no charge to use it (limit 3 consecutive days for any stay) other than power. We have one outstation is located at Dock E2 at Union Steamship Marina on Bowen Island, which is the first set of fingers immediately beyond the long public dock to the west of the ferry terminal. It includes 240’ ft of dock space for Active & Cruising members. Please see the full details here.
What are the cruising Stations and how do they work?
- We have approved cruising stations at commercial marinas along the BC Coast. They are not leased or reserved on a full-time basis for members, however when you make a reservation and stay at the docks, Active and Cruising members can receive a reimbursement for moorage costs as shown in the Member Benefits table above, subject to annual budget and review. Please see the Cruising section for full details.
Can I rent the lounge for special events?
- Yes, we love it when our Members plan private events and parties in the lounge!
- You’ll receive a 25% discount on room rentals during non-peak months (Oct-April)
- You’ll receive the 20% member food and beverage discount for all your guests when you charge your event to your account.
- During regular lounge nights, dinner reservations are recommended for over 6 guests
- See details to book your event here.